which backup for our shipping machine

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by amb7247, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amb7247

amb7247 Registered Member

Hello,

I have a question. I am in need of a imaging backup program better than what windows 7 pro offers. While it works, it's not feasible for IT Backup and quick disaster recovery relief.

I can't decide which programs to get. Backup & Recovery 11 Home or Drive Backup Workstation.

We run in our warehouse at work a Windows 7 64bit machine that process labels with labelmaster, fedex shipmanager and UPS worldship. Regular backups are needed to make sure all programs, data and etc are consistently updated. In case of a disaster I can restore to a different machine temporarily until the main PC has a new hard drive put in or for the heck of it, a new PC is purchased and we wish to restore to the new machine if that situatation ever comes up. It did take me an entire day to set the machine up due to the number of program and the number of settings that had to be exactly the same as the XP machine we had before. You get the idea.

I would like to do a weekly full backup with 2 incremental on Wednesday and Friday's. We have next day dell pro support so the next day they can fix our computer issues. However, we cannot wait a day.

My question to you is, which of the above two software sounds like what I need. The other computers in the office not as important, since all docs stay on the server and the server itself stays backed up so office PC's are not needed to be backed up. However, this shipping computer is probably our most important machine besides the servers and need to be reliable, and imaged to another system or to a new computer if we have to.

Acronis True Image (which I supported until now) continue to release software that is buggy, deals with install issues and is not ready for commercial paid software, and may crash the OS. This is not acceptable. So I come to you on your opinions. We will have a dedicated External hard drive for this machine so it does not tie down the server or data connections. Mind you that side of the building was wired with cat 3.

I printed out both to review the features but I just thought I get $.02 cents from the experts in the forum.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

As you have non server Windows version , you can use Home product B&R 11 Home.
    It will cover all your needs, including scheduled differential backup.

Drive Backup is older than B&R and I'd recommend B&R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.