Which AV version for Windows 2003 server ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by polysys, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polysys

polysys Registered Member

Hello all,

Recently i have found myself banging my head against a brick wall. Basically i have been running Windows 2003 server standard edition as a stand alone workstation (abiet relatively unpatched and unupdated for some time). Dont ask why but it has just "worked" and satisfied me until obviously a trojan/virus has come along and has just denied me access to the internet, and is trying to f@(% with my MBR/BIOS on start up.

I find it very frustrating that every single AV program out there considers my computer a "server" and requires "different" software when in theory the standard xp version would work just fine.

So what version of NOD should a single home user who runs an older version of Win 2003 server standard edition consider ?

Cheers - K

2. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

Well - you have to buy one of the Business Editions to be able to install it on a server and that is a minimum of 5 licenses. The Home editions won't work.

It does however not care whether you install it on 5 servers, 5 workstations or a mixture of those two.

/Preben

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Yep - business only when you have a Server OS - which means 5 seats minimum.

4. polysys

polysys Registered Member

Cheers guys, i suspected that would be the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.