which are other good gui firewall for fedora Linux

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mack_guy911, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

hi
    i am newbe to linux

firestarter
    firewall builder
    dogguard

which other good GUI based firewalls for fedora linux distro option we have...

one more question is it possibe to run some firewall/router distro like endian, ipcop in fedora itself.......what i mean to say is it possibe to use ipcop as a firewall in fedora running pc

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Being a command-line guy, I don't generally use GUIs to configure iptables, sorry... No idea here.

Endian - never heard about it. IPCop is a nice simple router distro with GUI web interface and lots of third-party addons, similarly m0n0wall which is FreeBSD-based. If you'd prefer something more "enterprise-like", there's Trustix Enterprise Firewall with an interesting WYSIWYG interface, based on Trustix Secure Linux.

And no, not possible to run those in Fedora unless you mean virtualized (VMWare, Xen, Virtualbox etc.) - they are full Linux or BSD operating systems, not applications (packages).

3. Arup

Arup Guest

Firestarter is probably the friendliest out there, easy set up, easy to set internet connection sharing and least obtrusive.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Either Firestarter or the command line.
    I recommend you go with the command line - it's the only way to make sure you fully understand what's going on.
    Mrk

5. carioca

carioca Registered Member

:cool:
    hi, buddie,

I like best the guarddog. It's much easier to use and configurate. mainly if you use a debian distro.I have written a tutorial about it, if you need some help to configurate it, I may help you. just post a private message to me.best regards.

*puppy*

6. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

You dont need a firewall, because its already built into the kernel. firestarters etc are just the GUI front-end to the inbuilt kernel firewall.

7. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

hi
    thanks.... for your kind response

can you guys give me some good site links for learning ip tables it would me more kinda if its quite easy i mean tutorials type which explain step by step i mean tutorial type for a newbe :rolleyes:

8. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Iptables Tutorial

Packet Filtering Howto - Using iptables

9. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Hold your breath for a year or so, and then me book will be out.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.