Where to Save latest update DiskDirectorSuite9

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by kowen, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kowen

kowen Registered Member

I've decided to try getting the latest update for Disk Director Suite 9, build 524, that came out in December. I'm saving it to my Program files folder, in Acronis' present folder.

Should I have uninstalled the previous version I downloaded in September, then give the new version it's own folder, or will it install over the previous version, with the fixes, etc.??

Thanks for any help on this...
    Kerry

P.S. I was never able to download that mbr file to floppy disk-too big-from my previous post, but wound up enabling something in the system files that was disabled-that wound up letting me choose WinXP to be able to boot. Now on my desktop, DDS 9 and Boot Selector can find no drives to boot (even though both are there). Something is disabled-I think the atapi thing, and I think I enabled the atdisk that was disabled, so was able to get to choose what drive to boot.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kowen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please do not store the installation package you downloaded to Program Files folder because it is the system folder and is not for the data. Usually it is not necessary to uninstall the previous build of Acronis Disk Director Suite however I can recommend that you do it to avoid possible problems.

I couldn't quite get what problem you have now and what have you done to fix it. Could you please explain your actions step-by-step and describe the current state of your system?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.