Where to get a cheap new fan for heatsink?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zapjb, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I believe the fan on my heatsink is on its way to failure. I have a AMD 2500 barton, stock thermal pad & hsf. Over 3 years old. It's making a louder than normal sound. Not gawdawful just louder. So I want to purchase a name brand fan. Its got a 3 pin connector. I don't OC so nothing special desired/required. Not interested in a heatsink just a fan. So in the US, wheres the cheapest place to get a quality fan? For net sales including s&h or nationwide brick & mortar store. Thanks.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Take a look Here

3. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

HERE

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Since the heatsinks are made to go with the fans, you'd be much better off just getting a whole new cooler. Even if you could find a fan for cooling CPUs, it may not be adequate for the heatsink that you have.

Newegg.com always has some great deals. If you don't do any overclocking, they have some low-end ones that are under $10. Pick up some Arctic Silver 5, too, it's very much worth it :)

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

dont know how cheap u want the price, but Sidewinder Computers offer a nice selection of fans. Panaflo is a good brand. SVC is another good place to look.

6. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Thanks WSFuser. I ordered a 92mm Antec fan & 60mm to 92mm adapter from SVCdotcom for $17 delivered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.