Where to find TDS3 install & key?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Caratacus, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

Anyone know where to download the installation files for TDS3? I don't have a copy & might want to reinstall it as some have suggested. Also the TDS key doesn't seem to be in the DCS members area anymore.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there!
    The TDS key never was in the members area, it was sent with the registration email, so i do hope you still have that -- you can copy it for backup from your installed TDS directory.
    The software download: i'm not sure if it will still be available at the known trusted sites like download.com, tucows, betanews, etc.
    Keep also that in a safe place.

3. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

Thanks, Jooske - I found the key in my mail archives and the install files are still downloadable from Tucows. Cheers!

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ah great! Burn them somewhere safe so you can't lose them, as we don't know how long it will be there. And the key is extra handy of course.

5. Arctic

Arctic Registered Member

Hello Jooske: Could you tell me how I save my TDS-3 with the full definition updates that it has now. I think I updated for the last time the day before they stopped the server. Even if you download a fresh copy of TDS-3 from Tucows the definitions are not up to date and there is no server to update them. And I would really like to have a complete backup of this program with all defintions just on the off chance that my PC should crash. :oops:

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The radiusdatabase you should be able to grab from some of the links in your update.cfg file. would not wait too long as they might disappear soon too.
    With your new install best keep the radius database safe so it is not overwritten with a smaller/older file.
    Your radius.td3 file, just copy it in a safe place and your keyfile of course, and the TDS-3 download you got from Tucows. I don't think they have the scripts-pack there though. So keep that backupped too. You would not like to be without the InnerPeace script, would you? :cool:

You could of course copy the whole TDS directory to another location (CD-rom?) and in case of a crash copy it all back in the original place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.