Where to catch malware, spyware

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by bknows, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bknows

bknows Registered Member

I need some URLs of sites that you catch malware and spyware from so I can test the software that's supposed to protect you from it.

I need URLs other than gator--I mean the kind of stuff that gets downloaded to your PC without you requesting it or installing it.

I googled and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Sorry bknows,

We can't provide you with any such links because we don't allow linking to harmful programs or any type of malware. Granted, this rule was originally made to prevent linking to viruses and hacker sites, but given the severity of some of the newer spyware these days, it can often be just as destructive.

We can discuss this type of malware in general terms, but we can not allow any such URLs to be posted here.

3. bknows

bknows Registered Member

I wasn't asking for clickable links, just URLs, but I can understand why you don't want that posted even.

Not a good posting start :(

Any suggestions? Bascially, I want to test some plug-ins to ISA server for filtering malware, etc. Have any other ideas? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.