where is the icon?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by eragon, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eragon

eragon Registered Member

Hi! Sometimes when I turn on the pc I see the BIG icon on the center of the screen of the nod32 but I cannot see it after at the tray icon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON AGAIN?

2. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

When starting your PC, the splash screen is showing, by deafult! It disappears automatically and then the tray icon appears. You can disable the splash screen in the Nod32 Sytem Setup - General tab.

3. eragon

eragon Registered Member

That's what I'm trying to say: The tray icon DOESN'T appears. It is as I do not have nod32.

WHAT IS WRONG?

4. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Can you find it in C:\Program Files\Eset? You should be able to start in manually when clicking Nod32kui.exe and see what happens. Otherwise.....uninstall en re-install again, it should be ok.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

6. Empath

Empath Registered Member

Regardless of what's in the FAQ, it's because of the all at once loading of apps on start-up. The problem isn't unique to NOD32. It can happen to most any app that loads at the start. The solution with most apps is to use a third-party loader like StartUpGuru, or even the delayed start feature now available in WinPatrol. Delaying the loading of the icon bearing app segment of NOD32 will insure the appearance in the systray each time.

I've had my "Safely Remove Hardware" icon and my volume icon not appear in my tray before, and there's not a lot I can do about that; but, definitive apps that place the tray icons can be dealt with.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I recently had the problem, and the answer was as stated, too many apps starting on bootup. I had installed BOClean shortly before and it was scanning on boot up. I reconfigured the BOClean to wait 8 seconds before scanning and solved the missing NOD icon problem.:)

8. ektorbarajas

ektorbarajas Registered Member

I'm also having that issue, I currently have version 2.70.39 Spanish.

It loads on startup, but after a while the icon is gone and also the program
    Nod32kui.exe

is this a bugo_O I've already followed other posts suggestions, like completely uninstalling and reinstalling, and no result.

Any ideas?

Thanks

9. nameless

nameless Registered Member

There is no reason the NOD32 service (nod32krn.exe) could not check to see if the GUI application (nod32kui.exe) is supposed to be loaded on start, and ensure that (1) it did start, and (2) its tray icon is showing. No reason at all. In fact, it should do that.

10. ektorbarajas

ektorbarajas Registered Member

You're right, the NOD32 service should check that.

I'm aware that while NOD32krn.exe is running the computer is protected by NOD32, even if NOD32kui.exe is not loaded, but think about this:

if the tray icon (nod32kui.exe) disappears, one user may think that NOD32 is no longer protecting the computer, and who knows if the missing tray icon is indeed a real treat !.

So, there should be a way for Nod32 Service to verify that Nod32Kui.exe is running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.