Where is ProSecurity ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by true north, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

Hi there,

Silence is golden....but NOT in the IT business !!!
    Where are these guys. Had anyone a clue or better; news?

true north
  2. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: It is not unusual for any new starup business. Maintaining its own vitality is often a problem for itself. Therefore, when users, including protential ones see this long-term pause of activity, o_O? pop up everywhere. On its own forums, both English and Chiese, creator of the noted app has failed so far to respond to ANY querry in timely fashion; not a very healthy sigh, IMO. It reminds me of personal experience here w/ Ghost Security official Forum, my post ,perhaps along with many others' are still awaiting ANY feedback from creator. One serious question; where have they been hinding? So shy that can not even drop a line to say they are indeed still breathing? Just beyond my comprehension. And pls , pls do not emerge when you need us to sign on subscription form. :D
  4. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

As far as I can tell, PS is a "1-man show" with respect to technical staff. That one man is obviously a VERY skilled security programmer.

A long while ago, the HIPS known as System Safety Monitor started out as a one-man operation. Moreover, it had the slooooowest website that I have encountered before or since. But he made SSM into the success that it is today, & sold it to a well-staffed competent outfit. He succeeded, partly because he was a pioneer/genius, & partly because SSM was pretty much *1-of-a-kind*. In essence, SSM had ZERO competition within its own special niche of the security-software scene.

Will the PS guy be able to duplicate the SSM guy's success? Who knows?

There is a really big difference between PS's situation today, versus the situation with SSM in its early days. Namely, the SSM guy was very much an early PIONEER in developing a HIPS security program. Back then SSM had no real competition for capturing the attention of security fans & gurus. So SSM became a *cult favorite* with security gurus & security forums.

PS, on the other hand, has LOTS of well-established competition -- Prevx, SSM, Primary Response SafeConnect, Online Armor, Antihook, Safe'N'Secure, Cyberhawk -- to name just a few. There are many other HIPS-type programs, & more are coming along every day (e.g., EQSecure, Neovaguard, etc.)

On top of this, the security BIG guys (Symantec, McAfee, AVG, etc) are developing their OWN HIPS-type programs.

So the PS guy has a very tough row to hoe. The same holds true, I think, for any 1-man shop with a security program to sell.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.