Where is my serial number?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jackal713, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackal713

jackal713 Registered Member

I just bought a copy of True Image 10.0 and was trying to install it but i can't seem to find my serial number is was not in the box or on the CD or the CD sleeve.

And there was not any docs in the box either just the discount card for other Acronis software.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You may have to request assistance from support. Email them at: support@acronis.com.

3. jackal713

jackal713 Registered Member

Ok thank you. I have done that but I think it will be faster and easier for me to just return the product to the store.

4. thomasjk

5. LenC

LenC Registered Member

How about this?
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=956782&postcount=6

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jackal713,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.
    In the meantime, please collect your purchase information (i.e. shop name, order number, e-mail used), and send it as a reply to the autoreply with Acronis request number.
    If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Registered Member

I am having the same problem. Just received it from Amazon.com. I have looked at Acronis' website for help, and they have no information on this at all. And yet there are a score of complaints on the Amazon site in the reviews section with the same problem.

Is Amazon.com not an authorized reseller? I don't see them on the reseller list!

8. Dennis L

Dennis L Registered Member

Purchased my copy of TI9 from Newegg /retail box.

Serial number was in the "True Image 9.0 - Quick start guide". Comes on a single piece of postcard weight stock, then folded with finished dimensions of 5.5" tall and 4.25" wide. This gives it 4 total page views. Serial number is on page #3 bottom. Marketing department must of wanted a lot of extra work when they decided to stash serial number in the user guide... no ones reads guides, that's what customer support / forums are for. :D

EDIT - UPDATE
    Just checked, they packed the serial number the same way with my Disk Director Suite 10 / retail box.

9. ScubaX

ScubaX Registered Member

There is no quick start guide in the box. There was a CD in a CD paper sleeve with no writing on it. There were two cards, one an advertisement to buy more Acronis products and a registration card which not only has no serial number, it does not even have a spot to enter it for the registration.

As for the advertisment to buy other Acronis products, we will see just how well they solve this issue first. This purchase has not gone too well so far!

They know they have this problem because the complaints of no serial number date back to April. They should already have a solution in place, posted to the support area of the web site and a note with the product that arrived from Amazon.

10. Acronis Support

Hello ScubaX,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that purchasing from Amazon can be either legal or illegal:
    - If Amazon itself sells the product, then it is legal. This is marked by Ships from and sold by Amazon.com (or Ships from and sold by Amazon.co.uk, Ships from and sold by Amazon.de).
    - If an individual sells an Acronis product, then it is illegal.

Please submit a request for technical support with a copy of your invoice. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

11. ScubaX

ScubaX Registered Member

Yes it is a "sold by Amazon.com" purchase. From the Amazon website under my purchase it say : "Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC". I have submitted a request to your support department and then responded to the reply with copy of the Amazon.com purchase receipt.

Thanks for your help

12. ScubaX

ScubaX Registered Member

No response so far from Acronis. I emailed Amazon yesterday and they responded yesterday - huh, good customer service. I also contacted Nero yesterday about an install issue, they responded in a couple hours with a resolution to the problem. More good customer service. I've been waiting on Acronis since Friday. Did they take the whole week off for 4th of July? Must be nice! This is an issue well known to them and should already be resolved.

I need reliable imagery now, if not Acronis, then Ghost. Acronis gets to pick by resolving this issue by 5pm PST today or I ship it back on Thursday morning. On Friday night I will let my user group know about all my service issues this week, good and bad.

I am absolutely certain that if there was an issue with images and restoring, I can expect the same level of customer service.

13. nitts

nitts Registered Member

Same thing...sold by Amazon.com box came with NO serial number.

Support "chat" told me I should submit a ticket to support (so what good is the chat??).

So far, haven't heard back.

Amazon is about to get a chargeback and Norton is about to get a customer back, because THIS SUCKS.

14. thomasjk

Download from Newegg if your in the US. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681528708SF. The serial number comes in an email from Newegg.

15. shieber

shieber Registered Member

But hopefully Acronis will fix this issue with the copies being sold without serial numbers -- it's a dreadful way to treat customers

16. nitts

nitts Registered Member

How does ordering a new copy from Newegg help my situation with amazon. I ALREADY bought and paid for a copy, why would I want to throw even more money at a company after being treated like this?

If they can't get something simple like including a serial # in the box, what else did they screw up? Thank God I didn't give them my credit card!

17. Acronis Support

Hello ScubaX and nitts,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.