Where is Ewido 4?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by zammer, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zammer

zammer Registered Member

I saw a killer review for "Grisoft Ewido Anti-Spyware 4" in CNet, and wish to try and/or buy, but can't find it. I understand AVG bought Griswold. I don't see an AVG anti-spyware-only product, which is what I want (assuming it incorporates Ewido). Can anyone guide me through the AVG/Ewido maze to what I need?
    Thank you

2. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Grisoft bought Ewido. Ewido Anti-Malware 4 was the last version they made in 2006 before they were bought up by Grisoft (I think). After this they made AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 (which should be an improvement over Ewido Anti-Malware 4). If it is possible to buy it anymore, I don't know, as the people who developed Ewido are no longer developing Ewido. They are working on integrating antispyware protection in the AVG products. I guess also updates for the AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 will cease sometime in the near future (december this year, I think)?

3. zammer

zammer Registered Member

THank you. Seems like another good stand-alone going into a package to maximize profits. I welcome suggestions for anti-spyware programs anyone finds very good.

4. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

5. zammer

zammer Registered Member

Thank you. I will check them both. I've also been directed to Lavasoft Ad-Aware. Is that in the category of these?

6. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Same category, but rather different league, IMO.
    So is MBAM, from the company that makes RogueRemover. Very good.

7. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

More along the lines of Little League.

Definitely Major League. ;)

8. zammer

zammer Registered Member

Thank you all. I'll select from your suggestions. Hadn't known Ad-Aware was minor leagues.

9. avg_fan

avg_fan Registered Member

In all of its AVG 8.0 products, AVG has combined the anti-virus and anti-spyware engines for increased speed and protection. Thus all of AVG's 8.0 products now include anti-spyware protection. And the protection provided by the AVG 8.0 version is way ahead of that provided by the product you read about on CNet.

So just take your pick of the available AVG 8.0 product solutions and you'll have the latest protection.

10. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

@avg_fan: that is assuming the user wishes to replace his/hers AV also with that contained in the AVG 8 package.

We don't all want to do that. Some of us actually just want to use the AVG A-S. For me the reason is I believe/feel my current AV is superior in every aspect :)

11. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

I think they mean that the detection is not good nowadays.

But still many many users use it (not in Wilders).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.