Where do you install NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nonprofittech, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonprofittech

nonprofittech Registered Member

We have medium sized office network. 60 computers or so, 5 or 6 servers.

My question is... WHERE do you start your install? And where do you install the remote management?

I have been combing through the documentation and this forum for some advice on best practice - or an example scenario - but can not find anything.

Do you install everything on a work station? On your domain controller? Some other server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi,

I believe this answers your question:

1 - Server.

2. Clients.

3. nonprofittech

nonprofittech Registered Member

Thanks Tony_m.

I did find those, and they look useful for explaining HOW to install the software...

But unless I am missing something, it doesn't give any guidance on WHERE to install the software.

It just says "server". Does that mean the file server, the domain controller, a separate server you set up just for this? Any, either, all...

Hoping for an example scenario or some advice on best practice in regards to this.

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Any server will do. probably not the DC as that's against "best practice", but it can go on any server. Just whatever is most convenient for you. It has no interdependencies.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.