Where can we download the new beta v1.110?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by sweater, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I visited gkweb's site and he has already using version 1.110 and I am still using v1.100 despite repetitive upadting. :(

Are the new one used by gkweb already available for download? o_O

Attached Files:

2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

See this post by Jason, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=621507&postcount=117. Also much earlier in the thread there is discussion about a problem with the built in update function, which might be causing your problem.

To update I would suggest disabling both AD and RD, then do an uninstall. Follow all prompts about rebooting if they appear and finally installing 1.110.

3. sweater

Thanks...:thumb:

Downloading it now...;) :cool:

4. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

if we download "appdefend" from the link, does that package also include regdefend? and if not, then what do we do about regdefend?

i know that all of you who are already using appdefend are already familiar with all of this, but it is confusing, to me..

i have "ghost security suite v1.010" with regdefend.. i see a download for "appdefend" at the ghost security website.. what do i do if i want appdefend along with regdefend?

5. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Yes, currently Ghost Security Suite is labeled as AppDefend. I believe as Jason has hinted that one day there will be a way to buy licenses for the Suite, both AD and RD.

That's OK, it can be confusing for all of us sometimes.

i have "ghost security suite v1.010" with regdefend.. i see a download for "appdefend" at the ghost security website.. what do i do if i want appdefend along with regdefend?[/quote]
    Follow the link for the current beta, v1.110.

6. sweater

I successfully installed the new version without problems, and its working smoothly. :D

You guys are great!!! Thanks a lot...;)

7. khazars

khazars Registered Member

when does the full version come out and does the beta end after 14 days of trial or does it continue with some features stopped?

8. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

khazars, no one knows what future releases will come when..

p.s. that is an interesting screenname.. :)

9. khazars

cheers redwolfe, google it?

but, what happens after the 14 day trial with appdefend? Does it continue as its a beta or what? When I updated it, it went from a limited free version to a 14 day trial!

10. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

khazars,
    As far as I am aware the current beta does not limit any of the AppDefend features when it switches from trial to free, what happens is that the unlucky George "reminder/nag" comes up.

Because RegDefend is a released product the limitations of not being able to block at an Ask User prompt without killing the process are present in the free version of RegDefend that is part of the GSS beta

Even as a first "cut" AppDefend is suprisingly usable with only a few glitches that can be worked around without too much trouble. Jason is giving himself a lot to live up to by releasing software like this. When he gets to his next product we will all be wanting something with even more bells and whistles that runs faster than something with no custom options at all :)

11. khazars

ok cheers gotta!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.