Where can I find the CLSID for a site address

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ummzee, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ummzee

ummzee Registered Member

I want to custom block site addresses using SpywareBlaster like, "offeroptimizer.com" and "adserver.com" however, I have to add the CLSID number for each site and I do not know where or how to find it.

Can someone help me out with this or tell me the correct way to custom block site using SpywareBlaster,

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi ummzee :)

Welcome to Wilders.

I will move your thread to the SpywareBlaster and other forum for better attention. ;)

snowbound

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As noted in the link Snowbound provided....the CLSID's Custom blocking is only associated with blocking the components of ActiveX-based spyware, dialers, etc.

The other two main features of SpywareBlaster....Restricted Sites blocking and Spyware/tracking cookies blocking....is where the URL's such as the two you mentioned...."offeroptimizer.com" and "adserver.com"....would be found. However....you can not add sites to the Restricted Sites or Spyware/tracking cookies list via SpywareBlaster. What you can do if your using Internet Explorer and wanting to Restrict the actions of certain sites....is to add the sites...."offeroptimizer.com" and "adserver.com" via IE's Tools\Internet Options\Security tab....select Restricted sites, then Sites and add the ones you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.