Where can I download a "sound meter" to monitor sound output?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Do you have some links of software program that can be used to monitor the sound output of music. I have used iTune program for my music collections, and there are times that some music like from CD's and then from mp3 download don't sound the same. I mean, after importing, some sounds high and some the volume is low. I can adjust the individual music volume in each music but what I need is to adjust them "perfectly", and I couldn't rely solely on my ear that's why I need something to "see" to level them all perfectly the same so that when I burn them into CD-R all the sounds in the cd will sounds leveled. :cautious: :rolleyes:

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

if you are looking for a program that will make all the music the same volume you can use mp3gain, or audacity. the feature is called normalise, or normalize.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/ i can't remember if it only works with mp3s
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

they are probably quite processor intensive

4. hilbillygreek

hilbillygreek Registered Member

To remedy this while you are listening to the music, choose Edit > Preferances > Playback, & put a check mark next to Sound Check.

Choose the Advanced tab, under Burning, put a check mark next to Sound Check there as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.