Where can I download 9.0??

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by wmustudent99, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmustudent99

wmustudent99 Registered Member

I currently own 9.0 and my link doesn't work anymore to download it. Where can I download a copy. I origanlly downloaded it via my invoice over email.

Thanks

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

3. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

I may be way off base here, but he was asking about 9.0. The current version is 10.0.

4. crofttk

Not off base but also NOT on point. I was addressing version 9.0. I own both versions 9 and 10. As a registered owner, I can still download the latest build of version 9 in addition to the latest build of version 10. I'm aware of no reason any other registered owner could not do the same.

5. skbaltimore

Sorry. My bad. I thought once it went to 10, that's all that could be d/l'd from the site.

6. crofttk

Well, I don't think that's an unusual mistake since alot of other softwares are like that. You got close, though, in that once the major version is incremented, you're not very likely to see further builds issued on the older version and phasing out support may pressure you towards the newer version(s).

7. skbaltimore

Yes. That's usually how it works. Then you have to go to sites like Oldversion.com, etc., to see what's available. I'm still trying to take all this in as far as T.I. is concerned. From what I've read here on this site, there seems to be an unusually high amount of roller coaster rides when it comes to the "new & improved" versions. Like, things are going along very well, then something gets added, then there are problems, then they get worked out, but then something else gets added, etc. etc. etc. Now, I understand that that's not uncommon at all in the software world, but some companies at least try to wait until most of the major stuff is worked out before issuing a release. That was always Cool Edit's approach, and they earned praise from people who were sick and tired of buggy releases, and yet they also got criticized from people who got tired of waiting for new releases. It's a fine line, to be sure. It reminds me of a sign a former co-worker had on her wall: "Even G-d doesn't please everybody". ;)

8. crofttk

Looks like you have a good picture how things are here. Some folks consider this "collaborating" to improve software, others would as soon not see new features until everyone else and his dog has vetted them. The fact that software makers differ in their approach is just gonna have to be something I stay aware of and deal with -- It's certainly a fine line however, when you talk about backup software and heavy duty system utilities that you want to rely on while you try the latest and greatest of other types of software.;)

9. horn

horn Registered Member

Hello,
    I am intersted too for this version.

10. crofttk

Unless you already own it, horn, I don't believe you can download it from Acronis, even for money, as Acronis has replaced it with version 10.

I guess it's conceivable a reseller may still have it for sale, but I doubt any LEGITIMATE one does at this point. Can this software be sold second hand ? legally ? I don't have a clue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.