Where are the General Options??

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by worldcitizen, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I deleted the registry start up key because PG says it doesn't need to be running (in the tray) to protect. So I placed the icon on the taskbar but when I want to check the log there is no info. I can only see the logging when it is running in the system tray so now I can't find any way to get PG to run minimised in my systray because I deleted it thinking I didn't need it according to the info. I tried adding a registry key but the full GUI opens up at logon so where's the option to have the program start up minimised in the trayo_O

Things like this should be included in the general options. Color schemes etc which aren't really important are there but something as important as this has been left out or I just can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Dave, The Process Guard GUI uses procguard.exe and is started from the Start - All programs - Statup folder. All you needed to do was remove the Process Guard shortcut from there and maybe put it on the desktop or wherever.
    Process Guard will still be running after a reboot with whatever settings you last set.
    You may need to re-install PG now as I am not certain which key you deleted, this may effect the system driver procguard.sys which does all the actual protection.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.