Where Are BartPE AV Plugins? Damm UBCD4Win Always Crashes

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DasFox, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Well I've spent the last 2 days and around 15 hours trying to get UBCD4Win running, just a pain, all it does is keep crashing on me, but the last round, the USB wouldn't work. I'm really disappointed in it and just want to give BartPE a go, but I can't find much in the way of AV/Malware plugins for it.

Anyone know a great list of AV plugins to add to it?

THANKS

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Bear in mind that most of the BartPE plugins will be very outdated since UBCD4Win is far more widely used now.If it's repeatedly crashing most likely the Windows source files you're using are the problem,try and get hold of an untouched XP cd if possible.

6. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

May I ask you what kind of computer are you using 64 bit or 32 bit computer? I can tell you from experience that UBCD4Win does not work on 64 bit computers.

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

It works great on all my 64-bit arch.
    Mrk

8. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

9. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Hello DasFox;

I can't offer help or advice for the UBCD4Win problem, but I do want to give you a "heads up" regarding my BartPE experience.

This past weekend, I tried on a number of occasions to build a BartPE recovery CD which would also include the DriveImage XML plug-in.

Every time I got to the "build" mode, it would fail due to my use of an OEM XP reinstall CD as the source for the required Windows installation files.
    According to the error messages I received, the BartPE Builder requires that you use a retail install CD; OEM will not properly transfer.
    There was a reference to a software download fix for the issue, but I didn't pursue it.

Just wanted you to be aware of this.

10. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

11. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I've successfully booted UBCD4WIN on machines with both 32-bit and 64-bit arch and with Windows and Linux installed on the disk. In fact, it does not matter what you have installed, because UBCD4WIN can work without any disk present. That's the whole idea.

I guess you might have problem with your memory sticks. If you want to give it a chance, memtest and run it for 8 hours.

Mrk

12. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

^^ I agree with this.

UBCD4Win updated a couple of months ago, adding; Combofix, Malwarebytes, Vipre AV to its already impressive list of AV's and Anti Spyware tools. (I had problems with Vipre AV, 1) huge 128mb update, 2) for some reasom was preventing me creating ISO, causing errors = Disabling Vipre AV plugin fixed the ISO errors and it worked )

To, DasFox. If you were wanting to burn to USB flash drive?, I presume that's what you mean ... USB drive destination generally is trickier to get working. UBCD4Win has added USB configuration which, supposedly, allows it go a lot smoother (haven't tried it myself, yet). There is an option to configure the USB drive destination - in the plugin options.

13. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Ok I finally got the problem solved, decided it was time to post on their forum.

As it turns out the latest version of the Mass Storage driver was causing this, so I had to revert back to an older version...

14. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

As for me, I've abandoned the project.
    Way too many problems just to run DriveImage XML from the CD, so I'll just stay with the cloning option and very occasional backups for a few documents.

GlobalForce;
    Many thanks for your input.
    While the Dell XP fix helped to eliminate one of the problems, others remain.
    This is just not worth the time and aggrivation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.