When will TI 2009 task editing be fixed?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jdjdjd, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdjdjd

jdjdjd Registered Member

Task editing in 2009 (build 9646) is so buggy that I want to pull out my hair. The fixes in this build, whatever they were, did not come close to solving the problems. Are there any plans to do a serious repair (or rewrite) of the 2009 task editor?

In the meantime, I have gone back to using TrueImage 10. I'd return 2009 if I could but I can't get a reply from Acronis Customer Service.

2. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Try the live chat support , it has work for me in the past .

3. lasllc

lasllc Registered Member

I was having the EDITing problem also.
    Build ??15, I think.

Anyway I just installed 9648 and everything seems to work just fine.

4. jdjdjd

jdjdjd Registered Member

I think you mean 9646, which is what I'm running (there is no 9648 ).
    From what I understand, Acronis did fix some of the problems in this build, but the task editor is still serious flawed.

If you start having mysterious problems saying that the backup file cannot be found, then you'll know where to look ;-)

5. lasllc

lasllc Registered Member

You are exactly right; so far so good - we'll see.
    On a related note, it seems to me that displying the version on the splash screen is alwaysa useful.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

There is no way to predict if any particular prob will be fixed in ATI or whether it will be fixed before a new, pay-to-upgrade, version is released. usually, the most that Acronis "predicts" is that the problem is being worked on and will be or will probably be included in a future build/version, which sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. Also, a new version, while it might have fixes for some of the probs of a prior version, usually presents new probs. So far, ATI10 has been the most stable and reliable version but it won't work on all thenew hardware that's out there. ATI12/2009 works on the most hardware but has some critical faults. ATI11, worked on some some that ATI10 wouldn't and not on some stuff that ATI10 would -- 11 was by far the worst version Acronis ever released -- the Frod Pinto of ATIs.

You need to decide is what being offred for sale now fits your needs.

7. jdjdjd

jdjdjd Registered Member

Task Viewing may modify a task.

By the way, it's not just task EDITING that's broken.

If you just VIEW a task in the editor, TI 2009 may change it.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Task Viewing may modify a task.

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

This issue has been reported to our Development Team, and probably the fix will be included to one of next updates of the software.

We highly recommend that when you log into your account, and go to subscriptions at the left, you check mark the following two items: 'Notify me about critical updates for my registered products' and 'Notify me about upgrades for my products'.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

9. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

10. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Or to look at it another way, there will not be any new bugs this year. :)

11. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Yes that's true and a relief.

12. Acronis Support

Hello All,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

The issue can be solved by reinstalling new version of Acronis scheduler. Submit technical support case or contact us via Live Chat and describe the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

13. 62cwil

62cwil Registered Member

Is this fix of scheduler newer than two weeks ago. At that time I had the chat tech walk me thru it and I still have same issues. If newer can you post how to on this site.

14. InforMed

InforMed Registered Member

We use Acronis at work on the servers and I was about to actually but before I forked out £39.95 of my own money, I thought I'd try the trial. I'm glad I did as TI Home 2009 wins the award of one of the buggiest bits of software I've used recently. It's crashed randomly many times just wandering around the user interface. It kept loosing/changing the files selection in a backup task. I've just tried to do an incremental backup of my C: drive to my E: drive and it a) keeps trying to write to the G: drive (which is an external HDD where I keep a copy of the TIB files) and b) can't work out the next number. Instead of it being MyBackup08, it's trying to create MyBackup21 (!). Ohh and when I "manage backups", it shows "MyBackup01" and "MyBackup1". The MyBackup01 starts off listing the TIB files on the E: drive but halfway down the list to switches to the G: drive (I've NEVER backed up directly to the G: drive, just copied TIB files there). The "MyBackup1" lists the TIB files on the G: drive (okay as it's a copy) but also lists TIB files which I created and then deleted because I rolled back during tests. I'm assuming TI scans drives for TIB files but how to do you remove TIB files from the catalog that have been deleted from it's archive?

I do like TI but it continues quality control continues to be flaky. I know it's a moving target (with device drivers) but I'm reluctant to recommend it which is a shame as it's basic premise is good.

Cheers, Rob.

PS. Does TI install a helper DLL to search TIB files when you use Windows search? If so, I suspect that's buggy and VERY slow.

15. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Your post does demonstrate the variability of backup software - for my PC's hardware I have found TI 2009 to be the most stable bug free TI product to date. Better than the very good TI 10 and light years ahead of TI 11.

16. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

We released a new build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9709). Release Notes for Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build 9709) are available here

Acronis scheduler has been improved.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.