When will TDS-4 be ready?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by nadirah, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I just want to know when will TDS-4 be ready? Just state how long do you think it will take and when will it most probably be released.

2. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Hello nadirah........this question has been brought up a number of times...i suggest you do a search in the forum for infomation that might be helpful in answering your question.....you may want to begin here ...
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=49545&highlight=tds-4

3. kairii

kairii Registered Member

yeah and we we promised one b4 teh end of teh year and now it's december.....maybe they were refering to 2005 :rolleyes:

4. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I'm betting it doesn't happen.

5. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I would much rather wait until it is completely ready and will do more than TDS3 will do before screaming that it hasn't arrived yet

The way that trojans and malware have evolved over the last few years and particularly over the last 6-9 months will need a new approach to the protection from them and the removal of them.

TDS3 protects me at the moment and removes most of what infects most of us. What it can't remove is because of the limitations of any trojan remover at the moment due to the way the scum use devious hidden exploits to install them and many removal methods also damage the computer operating system beyond easy repair.

I prefer a layered approach and hope that TDS4 when it comes will block the scum so they don't need removing

6. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

If you look in the Process Guard forum you will also see some comments indicating that the focus was on getting a solid version of PG3 out the door

If you look at the functionality PG3 provides you will see why they chose to do that part of the solution first. It also is a relatively untapped market which I'm sure won't hurt their sales....

Even if it takes another year for them to get TDS4 out the door at least their latest innovation can be active and adding another layer of security on your computer (if you choose)

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I would much rather wait for TDS-4 to be ready for an every day user. When any program is released there will be bugs and the forum will have a lot of posts about incompatible programs or even the dreaded BSOD. I don't think software writers can win as everyone is asking 'If?' 'When?' and 'Why?' I will wait until Gavin & co are happy with TDS-4 and the huge amount of work they are doing in the ever increasing trojan signatures and methods to release it to someone like me. I haven't even touched the surface of the powerful TDS-3 in 'learning' terms but I do have the confidence that it will detect anything in my computer which should not be there.

I know I will have questions about the new version but am quite prepared to wait until it has been tried and tested to ease the install and use for someone like me. We are still downloading our Reference files daily ;)

8. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

It can very well be that the TDS team will come out too late with this product with Ewido gaining ground (and quite justified so) and also a program like Counter Spy on the rise too.

9. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Why will they be too late

Yes there are things "wrong" with TDS3 like it needs a GUI that makes it easy for the average user to understand but apart from that what is so urgent that they will lose customers

NAV & others bring out "new" versions every year and that is mainly to do with marketing, very little is actually improved in new versions and often they actually are deficient in what they do

10. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

I also look at it this way ... that we have no need to pay for any yearly upgrades and we also have TDS4 upgrade free . It covers all my needs . The one payment so far has covered me for a few years so far and proberbly will do so for the next few.

11. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

.......................and in a nutshell i would say...so what !

12. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

I'll take you up on that bet - how much, and where do I sign? :)

TDS4 development is in advanced stages and we are more eager than anyone to release it, but that's all we can say for now. When it's released you'll understand why, and all registered users will be able to upgrade for free at our expense, even though the programs are completely re-written and brand new and have incorporated several years of new research and technologies.

So please be patient, you will be rewarded. In the meantime, have a look at ProcessGuard which offers unique anti-trojan/anti-rootkit qualities of its own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.