When will NOD32 v4.0 be server safe?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Pecker_Head, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecker_Head

Pecker_Head Registered Member

Hello all,

I am among the countless other sysadmins who had to dump v4 and go back to v3. Can anyone tell me when/if v4 will ever work correctly for servers? I have Windows Server 2003 SP2 and found v4 to be horrible. Crashed my domain server endlessly and without mercy. I am fearful to even ask this question. v3 at least works, and for this I guess I should be grateful. But I did purchase v4 with the understanding that it *would* work with servers. Thank you for your time and assistance.

-Pecker_Head

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you contact eset tech support asking them about errors occurring on your server?

3. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

Have you checked into the setup exclusions Microsoft suggests for domain controllers?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

Helped me get v3 running like a top on Domain Controllers (including SBS).

4. vodalp

vodalp Registered Member

Wouldn't it be beautiful to see ESET add an option that with one click, applies all of the MS recommended exclusions? After all, many of them lookup registry keys, and determine a path from there. And you'd still have the ability to remove or disable individual pieces of it, if you wanted, but by default it would know if the server's a DC, Exchange, SQL, etc. and provide you the option to enable default/recommended exclusions.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

Yes yes yes. It would save considerable time in doing installs on servers...especially for those of us resellers that install NOD on servers many many times.

6. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

Yeah that would be nice and seems able to do. After all if you install 2.7 on a server it automatically detects and disables web monitoring. Worth mentioning in the future changes thread.

7. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

As I have said many times before: God yes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.