When using firefox as new browser

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by steverope, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverope

steverope Registered Member

I would like to know if there is anything I should do to make sure that spybot, adaware, spywareblaster.......ect. Are working and configured now that I've changed over to Firefox. I guess what I am asking is that; are there any changes that have to be made to make sure my security setup is working with my new browser? Thanks Fr Steve

2. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi :)

How the weather in Canada ? ;)

No need to worry about anything like spyware as regards FFox.

Never forget it is open source (just dwnload at official site or recognized mirror or open source community).

If you're the worried kind, you may run spybot before installing FFox, and then again after.

Nothing else necessary in my mind...

Rgds; Crockett :cool:

3. meneer

meneer Registered Member

But don't forget: firefox will only prevent spy/adware infections while browsing. Other software may still get you infected (Kazaa and so on)!!!

4. steverope

steverope Registered Member

Thanks, and the weather here has been nasty, last week 3 huge blizzards in 7 days=130cm snow and it is cold at least -20 wind chill -30 to -40 but thats winter in eastern Canada! Firefox is up and tweaked and forever my new browser!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.