when usb pen's arent useful no more

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

as i have said before my old windows me machine wont boot in to normal mode and only in to safe mode so, i went on my main pc and found out what windows keeps in the windows folder that i need to backup and stored it in text file and put it on my trusty usb pen then put the usb in the windows me machine but guess what usb drivers arent loaded in to safe mode or at least not on windows me. alot of people use programs on usb pens to trouble shoot pc's but in this case I couldnt use it. now i will have to use the good old not used anymore floppy disc. i have always liked usb pens really usful things.

lodore

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Yeah, unless the BIOS supports USB drivers from boot, or unless you have something like the UBDC4Win boot disk (which supports USB and network connections) http://www.ubcd4win.com/ you're kinda stuck...

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

sure are since windows safe mode doesnt load usb drivers. its lucky its only a text file which says which files to backup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.