When The Update Of TI11 Will Come ?????????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DerPriester1970, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Some issues date back that far, but there are some new and fatal probs that earlier versions didn't have. In that respect, 11 is the worst version since 7, maybe older.

2. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

The question is: when do they fix it? We hear nothing from them up to now! We can't use all features with TI11. It's annoying :eek: !

regards
    Zecke

3. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

I'm waiting for the update .... not for any statements o_O

4. DerPriester1970

DerPriester1970 Registered Member

I never seen a forum from a company before, where no support people or developers are posting about questions by customers.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Perhaps a picket of their offices could be organised. This would be to stop the next tanker delivery of 100 proof vodka and the "crack" delivery boys could be turned away.
    Might make a difference.

Xpilot

6. BChat

BChat Registered Member

I used 8-9-10 & tried 11. 11 is no longer on my machine and I am waiting for a promised refund from Acronis. I am also waiting for a promised refund on Disk Director Suite since last November - good luck to me.

I have Vista and ran into the already mentioned re-boot issues, so bye bye 11, back to 10. I have used 10 in XP and Vista since it came out - build 4942.

All I do is make images to a separate HD and restore as needed. 10 works fine for this. 1 flaw I have noticed in 10 - it will not adhere to the number of backups to be allowed. I have it set to 4 - means nothing. I can live with this and shall continue to use 10 until I, or it, die
    ;)

I don't think Acronis is as bad as some claim, but my views on the company have dimmed with the latest deal.

ETA - When I bought 11, I registered it, and it appeared on my registered products list, along with all previous versions. Since I was told I'd be getting a refund - it is gone.

7. layman

layman Registered Member

Intuit used to have a similar setup. Their support was lousy, but they had a company-hosted forum where you could get help from other users. Just as here, users began posting gripes about the product and poor support, and just like the moderators here, the moderators on Intuit's site tried to squelch the grumbling. They couldn't stanch it, though, because customers need a channel for voicing their complaints. Eventually, Intuit unplugged the site because of the griping. That's when I unplugged their products, and haven't used them since. Software companies are surprisingly backward when it comes to using technology to support their products and gain valuable market feedback. Acronis is no exception in this respect. It doesn't take a prophet to predict what's gonna happen here unless Acronis shapes up or some savvy outfit buys them and forces improvement of their business and software development processes.

8. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I have to say, that this is not my experience with the moderators on this forum. Their objections are normally well principled and objective. The normal things they seem to get involved with are :

a) people using this forum to advertise non-Acronis products
    b) people multi-posting
    c) people going off topic.

Check the forum T&C and you won't be far out.

I think you will find that many of the moderators have grumbled about aspects of TI, and I can never recall them stopping other posters moaning about TI (and boy have I moaned in the past!).

Perhaps you could post a couple of links to make your point ?

F.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

We regret to inform you that we don't have any information about the exact time-frame for the update release. However our developers are working on the update for Acronis True Image 11 Home. We will do our best to make the update available for download on our web-site as soon as possible.

We'd also like to inform you that we do all our best to reply to every support request in 48 hours. If you do not receive any replies from us during this period of time, please write your case number to me via private message.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Churkin

10. layman

layman Registered Member

In short, no. I've got other things to do with my time than satisfy you as to the point. If you doubt it, read threads extensively here and I think you'll see that there's a clamp-down whenever the discussion drifts from talking about specific problem issues into general criticism of the company. That's certainly the forum's prerogative, but I question that the company truly benefits by stifling that sort of feedback.

11. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello layman,

We do not stifle criticism per se. However, over-the-top, unsubstantiated, rants about people or companies will likely to be removed. This is no different to any other well run, technically orientated, website.

Menorcaman

12. foghorne

Well. There's a surprise.

F.

13. Long View

Long View Registered Member

With an attitude like that perhaps you would be better advised to go away and do those other things ? or would you consider such a suggestion as as clamping down ?

I doubt it and I have read the threads extensively and can see no evidence of clamping down. Indeed far too often some users with problems rant and rave making all sorts of generalized criticisms with ever think to be constructive.

14. DerPriester1970

Hey Acronis Guys.

Any new words about an update now. In a few days we reach the three weeks since relase. It´s very quiet around TI11.

15. layman

layman Registered Member

I only come by here when I have a problem or a new release is out. Presently, it's useful to see if vn. 11 is worth the bother. My take on vn. 11 is to give it a pass, and I'm reluctantly heading toward abandoning the product because Acronis' business model has them cranking out new features while defects remain unaddressed.

As to the attitude: I've been involved in on-line community since it's earliest days, and have led a forum myself. One thing that is characteristic of venues like this one is that they attract not only "complainers" (people who show up because they are wrestling with a problem,) but "regulars" - fans of the product or site. Fans are prone to knee-jerk defense of the product or forum against sharp criticism. I take the "show me" message to be in this vein. Hey, people are free to disagree utterly with my observations about this place, but I don't know why you'd think I owe anyone the time it would require to dredge up examples to prove the point to their personal satisfaction. If you think my purpose in making the observation was to persuade forum posters and lurkers of anything, you are sadly mistaken.

16. foghorne

Simply because unsubstantiated assertions are worthless and undermine the value and credibility of the people who make them IMHO. However, I don't agree with jumping to rash conclusions, and eagerly await evidence of your somewhat irrational comments regarding the moderation of this forum.

F.

17. DerPriester1970

In a few days one month is gone and nothing happens with an update.

I´m very dissapointed.

18. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

A lot of people seem to be having a lot of problems with v11. I must be one of the few who don't. Its worked great ever since i've installed it, i'm happy with the new features and improvements.

19. shieber

I've been visiting this forum steadily for quite a while. I'm not a moderator and I've talked about things I like and don't like about ATI. I've never seen anything taken off that appeared to be in any way a useful comment -- and a good amunt of venting gets posted, of course, and that stuff remains, too. In this regard, I think the forum moderators, and ATI, who sponsors the forum, have much to their credit.

20. shieber

It would not be unprecedented for a solid update to take several months to code and test. I would not be surprised if an update of ATI 11 came this year or early next year.

21. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

o_O Can't believe it ... They put the Version TI11 8027 as an update on their site ... This is the version I already use - this is the version they should fix ... This is not the expected update. So there are still no solutions only frustrations. Can't save my eMails and so on. When will we get an update to fix all this?

22. shieber

The updates page is where you can download the latest version, whatever it is, onc eyou have registered the version(s) you have license(s) for. It's the reason you don't have to, indeed, shouldn't, pay extra for an extended download period when you purchase the product.

It is perhaps confusing to some that the version of 11 available there is not a later version than 8027 -- but that'show Acronis has been handling the download page for several years.

23. DerPriester1970

When this never ending story will end with an update for ATI 11. This is the biggest joke ever. Give us a working update now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. shieber

There are some major issues and it would not be inconceivable that a widely released new build will not be availalbe for another month or two. However, if you contact tech support through the website, they might be able to send you an iso that you can burn to get a build that will work onyour specific harware set up. A number of folks have done that.

25. DerPriester1970

The goal of this company is to bring one or two updates and then TI 12.
    Where to hell is a working update for the people who have problems with 8027. What is the problem to bring the vers. 8052 for puplic. I will not have a .iso file from the support. A vers. 8052 will work for more people than vers. 8027 I think. The relase was two month ago. Shame on this company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.