When Scheduling Task, Option for "when I log off" not available

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mahlon, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mahlon

Mahlon Registered Member

I've istalled True Image on Windows 7 (RC) 64 bit. I'm trying to schedule a Backup task, and when I get to the last page of scheduling the task, the option to start the task "when the user logs off" and also, "when the computer shuts down" are not present. They're not greyed out -- they're simply not there. Other than the usual daily, weekly, one-time, etc., the only relevant option is "when you log on".

Does anyone know why this might be happening? If someone has TrueImage home on windows 7, could you check and see if you're getting the same thing?

Thanks,
    Mahlon

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mahlon,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Windows 7 is not officially supported, and we do not have the appropriate information about scheduled tasks at Shutdown/Logoff in Windows 7.

I suppose that the Winlogon service of Windows 7 is closer to the Winlogon service of Windows Vista and is totally different from the one of previous Windows operating systems. There is no option to set a scheduled task to be run at shutdown or user logoff if you are using Acronis True Image in Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. The scheduled tasks associated with Windows Vista (or Windows Server 2008 ) have been disabled in GUI.

You can use the Pre/Post commands option of Acronis True Image to work around the problem:

- Run the Schedule Task wizard;
    - At the Set Backup Options step choose Set the options manually;
    - Click Pre/Post commands;
    - Choose the Use commands option;
    - Hit the Edit button next to the After the backup process field;
    - Put in the Post command as specified below:

Command: shutdown
    Working directory: C:\Windows\System32\
    Arguments: -s

This command will automatically shut down the computer after the completion of backup process.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. Mahlon

Mahlon Registered Member

Thanks so much for your help. I will try it.

Mahlon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.