When ist Universal Restore possible?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hanns-Josef, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanns-Josef

Hanns-Josef Registered Member

Hi,

I'm evaluating Trueimage 9.1 Worstation with Universal Restore (Build 3.508 ). The Problem is, that there are certain Images, where the "Do you want to use Universal Restore" Page appears, when making a restore and there are other Images, where this option does not appear. I cannot find any differences between this Images. One is made from a Notebook. Another is made from a normal PC. When ist this Option available and when not.

Thank you

Hanns-Josef

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hanns-Josef,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation is 3567. You can download the trial version of the latest build at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/ATICW/

If that issue still persists, please clarify whether you restore both images locally or through Acronis True Image Management Console.

If you restore locally, please tell us whether you restore within Windows or in rescue mode.

Please describe your actions step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. Philipp

Philipp Registered Member

Hi all,

I actually have the same problem with Universal Restore like Hanns-Josef.

I tried to restore a DELL D600 Image to an Athlon 2000 PC. Of course, this is very different Hardware, but I thought it would be a good test. :)

I used the current Build 3567 of TI Workstation 9.1.

I have tried the restore with a rescue boot CD and have not used the management console. The restore has been made locally to a hard drive on the PC.

The Universal Restore option was not displayed. o_O
    Can it be due to the fact that the hardware is too incompatible?

On a different system, I tried the restore of an old PC image, and there the option was displayed. Of course I used the same rescue boot CD.

Anyway, the feature really seems great!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,

philipp

4. Acronis Support

Hello Hanns-Josef,

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround. Could you please what operating system you use on your Notebook and your desktop computer? Are these images of the entire hard drive of the Notebook/desktop or only of system partition (partition with operating system)?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information no both Notebook and desktop computer as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Acronis Support

Hello Philipp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what operation system contains in the image archive? Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information on your DELL computer as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) on this computer also.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. Philipp

Philipp Registered Member

Hello,

The image in question is of a Windows XP professional German installation.

I tried to reproduce the error, but this time it worked. o_O
    Therefore I did not open a support call.

In case I run into the problem again I'll come back to you.

KR, philipp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.