When is the updte coming for TI v10 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by andyloc, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyloc

andyloc Registered Member

I bought TI v10 Home in Decemeber for a full backup solution. ie a HDD image and liked th look of the outlook backup, video, music backup etc.

I havent used it yet though as read all the reports of problems with it in here.

We were told an update would be coming but that was ages ago.

Does anyone know when it is coming so I can start using it and backing up my system please

cheers

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

You can start to backup your system right now. If you make an image of your hard drive it will include everything.
    Updates are require for some outstanding problems such as separate backups of Outlook but they are included in a complete image of ones drive.
    I for one see no merit in backing up such items separately.

Xpilot

3. andyloc

I agree I do want a seperate backup of my Emails, Pics and music though.

I can then in a few months, do a total restore, then put the emails pics and music since then back.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That is an excellent plan.

How do you know that you have problems with the current build of TI 10? Unless you install it and try it, you won't know whether your hardware is fully supported already.

Granted that the Outlook backup feature is broken, but if you quit Outlook, you can backup the .pst file or the folder which it is in along with the picture and music folders.

There's a 90% probability that it will work for you now.

5. andyloc

I agree but with so many people having problems surely an update should be out by now.

Does anyone have any ideas when the update is coming they (Acronis) have been saying for ages that "an update is coming"

I want it updated before I trust a backup.

I dont want to manually backup my .pst as this is the reason I bought TIv10 for this purpose

6. andron

andron Registered Member

Capabilities of TI are huge for using that just for .pst backup. It's like using a truck to go shopping peanuts (depends though on your appetite)! You can use the office outlook plug-in for backing-up .pst automatically, it is faster and more convenient.
    P.S.Hope you don't misinterpret my joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.