When is the SSL/HTTPS protocol scanning going to be fixed?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tommy456, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Since day one there as always been problems with this set to scan ssl and Firefox regardless of version, currently all web pages that use HTTPS and the Firefox addons version check (update) are blocked by eset,
    unless the scan ssl option is diabled or the firefox is excluded from ssl scanning
    the issue persists even if set to use certs, as most don't even load,for user action to allow or deny even the version 4 would sometimes do this,

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

3. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

I have already tried the work around solution, but as my problem isn't with only the mozilla firefox application update checking, but the addon's update checking, and several other web sites that use ssl Https ,
    such as https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/homepage

If i exclude the certificate the page is still not displayed because doing so makes no difference (blocked by eset ssl scanning) The same thing as with addon's ect,

The only way to view these web site and receive updates for my installed ff addons is to exclude Firefox from ssl scanning i and using the current 8.01 version of ff, this is more of an issue with eset ssl scanning & the actual ff app, not Mozilla & it's certificates

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.