When eset 5 final is coming out?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Jc18, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jc18

Jc18 Registered Member

well my Norton licence is going to expire in a couple of weeks, and id like to get ESSET 5 for my laptop.

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Maybe in august

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Why not simply use a free program until then?

4. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

Hey Jc18

The final release date for Eset 5 is not know officially, but my beta licens Expiration date is 08/08/2011, it is probably the best guess currently, at least i don't know /heard of another date.

Take Care :D

NoobStick

5. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

I think it will be released when it is ready. I do not want Eset to rush and I would like them to take their time and polish their product. The last time I tested it the HIPS was a huge BUG.

Take your time Eset and do not succumb to either peer or customers pressure. In the end the quality of your product will speak for itself and it is
    synonymous to your reputation.

Thanks.

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

What bug in HIPS do you refer?
    May i know what you expect from HIPS?

7. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

You could always purchase ESET now and when the Version 5 is released just update. Or like the other guy said just use a free AV until then. What I would do is just do a Trial of different AV's or suites and change every 30 days after each Trial ends until the new ESET 5 is released. Your Call.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I, for one, am not aware of any bugs in HIPS currently. May I know what kind of bug you mean?

9. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i haven't seen any with it either, but then again, i have it set to automatic because i despise being prompted about things.

@cogitotesting why make such a vague statement rather than reporting the bug(s) you're encountering? sort of defeats the purpose of a public beta.

10. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

I seem to recall - a few posts back - that when I dared to suggest something similar, your view was that people were going to 'leave ESET'.

11. piranha

piranha Registered Member

v4.2.7 30 days trial version or v5 RC (no time limit ?) are free too and surely better than many free AV !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.