When do you need new Recovery CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eeh42, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeh42

eeh42 Registered Member

1. When do you need to create a new Bootable Recovery CD? Or is the first one always good even though I've cloned and replaced HD with one of different size?

2. I have a desktop and laptop, do I need seperate Bootable Recovery CD's or does 1 work for both computers?

Thanks,
    eeh

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

In my opinion no need to create a recovery CD unless you have problem with your current one. Of course I would recommend creating a new one if Acronis updates something major or you have trouble with your current CD working. I am thinking that Acronis would recommend creating a new CD with every new TI build just to eliminate support requests so users are always using the latest build.

Hope this helps,

Chris

3. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

The boot CD is not machine or hardware specific. You should only need to create a new boot CD when you change Builds.
    The boot CD is not machine specific. It will work on either machine. Just keep in mind licensing issues... :p ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.