when did you get into computers?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by GUI_Tex, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I started taking an interest in computers when I assisted in IT lessons at a school I used to work at. From then on, I learnt more and more, and gained many tips from the IT teacher there.

2. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

I started off line late 98 on computer purchased for my young son. Year 2000 went online. Downhill ever since. :ninja:

3. Ailric

Ailric Guest

I adore my 64, my Commodore64.
    I rate with it, create with it, telecommunicate with it,
    my Commodore 64.

.. a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away this was my first computer.

1997 came along and I got my first PC. Gateway 2000 200MMX 32 MB RAM 2MB video. A powerhouse back then.

4. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

The first computer I used was a ZX81 and then a C64, these were my brothers. My first computer was the Amiga 1200, I got that in Xmas 1992 and have been into computers heavily since. I went to Germany to Cebit when I was 16, in 1994. That seriously turned me into a geek, I did the whole delux paint, blitzbasic, imagine, soundtracker and demos thing ! I sat and played the BBS game, used the internet for the first time when I was about 17 in 1995, when it started to become talked about. But it was terribly slow and I lived by cover discs and ordering discs via public domain and erm *cough* swapping software with friends and at the local market, where everything was marked as Shareware and it was enough to confuse the cops. Good job as my folks wouldn't of been too happy.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  5. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

I got "into" computers about the time they closed the nand gate so I could not play in the yard or the field. :'( I found out I could jump inside the CPU and "cut a few" SBD (silent but deadly's) trace and the whole room would clear. :ninja: Pixel pup was still barking with a LISP at that time and like me did not have bathroom "priviledges". :D They fixed him with an exacto knife also and today he is a real jumper.*puppy* :thumb:

http://www.village.org/pdp11/faq.pages/stories.html

Today I have other restrictions..but i will not bore you with my personal life.

:-*
    http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/

Attached Files:

6. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    When I got to visits some internet cafes in the past at first I was hesitant to touch the pc...coz it looks so complicated at first glance. But when I found out that its so easy to learn and very interesting to use then that is the time that i got addicted on it. Internet was really very influential and addictive, wherein you can learn many things that is aside from reading books on the library and bookstores, internet offers lots of possibilities that your imaginations just becomes unlimited. :D

Then after that, I got my own pc now for about 1 year already and still learning many things on it. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.