What's your most favorite thing to eat

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by wildman, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Ha, yes ! :D But you see, I currently live in the desert. (At least thats what I like to call this place....:rolleyes: :D ) Nothing comes close to what you have there.

And...Jaeger Schnitzel.....
    OK Wildman....enuff with that yummy stuff talk ! :p ;)

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

That's it, I'm starving now, I should have know better than to come back to this thread!! It's a trick to get us all off any kind of diet or live it we were on!!

Glad you had a great birthday, Wildman, any cake left!?!?

3. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

I love Butter Chicken. Alooe Palak? I think thats how it's spelt? Indian dishes. Curry ( mild - I want to actually TASTE what I eat ) A Good solid T-Bone steak is always a priorty. Ummm what else? Beer Yes Beer.......liquid food. Pasta.....All types. Pidda. I live in a multi cultural area so the food has a huge variety. I do cook. Fish - Salmon, John Dory. I love Cauliflower...I can eat that non stop for 30 days and 30 nights. Anywhere I eat, I don't care about quantity, it's all about quality for me.

I'm hungry now............bye http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cheeseburger.gif

4. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) Thanks, there is one tiny piece left, I had one this morning for breakfast. The last piece is MINE, he who even thinks about taking it will incur the wrath of the wildman. Don't think of a diet, think of a food modification plan.

Thanks
    wildman
    :D :cool: :p

5. wildman

:) Send me the recipe for Jaeger Schnitzel, the spouse says she don't cook nutthin she can't pronounce, thus the wildman shall have to fix it his damn self. Don't she know that the wildman love a challenge?

Thanks
    wildman
    :D ;) :p

6. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

:) Hehe...here's your challenge my friend. Have fun cooking ! :)

Wiener Schnitzel:
    (Vienna schnitzel)

veal fillets,
    1 egg,
    flour and breadcrumbs,
    salt and pepper,
    butter

Pound the fillets until thin,
    roll in seasoned flour,
    brush with beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs.

Fry on both sides quickly in hot butter.
    Serve very hot with sauteed potatoes and a watercress or
    cucumber salad.

In Holstein they serve schnitzels with a fried egg as a garnish.
    In other parts of Germany they use capers, chopped olives,
    chopped egg whites or sliced gherkins as garnishes.

Wildman, I'm from Berlin, and my mom always served the schnitzel with a fried
    egg on top, and it is sooo good ! See ? Different region's versions of their foods do spread around. ;)

I hope you will try out the recipe. Please do let me know how it turned out and how your wife liked it !! :D

http://www.der-frechdachs.de/images/speiseka/Wiener_Schnitzel.jpg

P.S. Instead of the fries, many eat the meat with Asparagus also. MMMMMMMMM

7. wildman

:) I'm now attempting to crawl inside this machine. The spouse says this may be a close as I get, she does not like the cooking thing that much. However the wildman may just up an fix it his damn self. I like it smothered in mushrooms. I also like it done with pork cutlets, as well as the veal. However this may all be mute if the wildman cannot figure out how to use the oven. The spouse ain't gonna let me live this one down. She asked me tonight to turn the oven on to 350, didn't tell me it don't have no oven knob, an is push button operated. I think you all get the picture. Hey I think I have stated before that I am no tech. wizard.

Thank you for the receipt. This brings back the memories. There were many a week end spent in various gauest houses eating schnitzel or cordon blue.

Thanks
    wildman
    :) ;)

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

To me nothing beats a good Porter House steak, baked potato with butter and sourcream and garlic bread and a nice green salad :D

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.