What's wrong with Yahoo Toolbar?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sussche, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sussche

sussche Registered Member

After my recent update, Spyware Blaster keeps disabling the Yahoo Toolbar. I get the little info screen down at the bottom that says: "Registry Change Denied. Resident denied change of ITBarLayout (Category User Specific Toolbar) based on your blacklist"

I tried right clicking in the "Customize the Blocked List" to see if I could find the entry, but when I type in Yahoo, I get some ad for stocks, and when I search for ITBarLayout, I get nothing?

It was convenient to be able to click on the icon to go to My Yahoo, bookmarks or mailbox. Is there something dangerous that the Yahoo Toolbar does? If not, how do I get it back?

I also have the Google Toolbar, but that seems to be OK?

2. sussche

sussche Registered Member

Re: Yahoo Toolbar vs. ccleaner

I didn't see the other post about yahoo toolbar, entitled "ccleaner installed with Yahoo Toolbar?" until I hit new posts. Sorry.

So what is wrong with CCleaner? (Crap Cleaner)

I'm assuming that Spyware Blaster and it don't "play" well together?

Is this something that will be resolved, or will I have to disable Yahoo Toolbar?

:doubt:

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Spywareblaster does not provide any pop-up info but that is the exact info a program name Spybot Search and Destroy would deliver to the user.

What you should be able to do is right click the TeaTimer icon in the bottom right corner in the systray and select Settings. You should then be able to select the Blocked registry changes....then remove any\all blacklisted items you desire.

related thread @ Official Spybot Forum:
    TeaTimer - how do I take something off the blacklist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.