What's up with VBA32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n8chavez, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have the newest beta of VBA32 installed (from ftp://www.open.by/vba/beta/update/) and there seems to be a major difference between this and previous versions. The vba32ldr.exe process in using 49,293k of memory; which is drastically more than other version. Anyone else having the same issue or have any idea why?

2. kkkkk

kkkkk Guest

What else is new in that version?
    Can you post some screen shots?

3. n8chavez

From what I can tell there's nothing new in this version, as far as features, that would justify the increase in requirements. There might be stuff new under the hood though.

4. Hello!

Which version of VBA32 do you use? 3.11.0-beta or 3.10.5?

3.11.0-beta kernel had at the beginning of development memory issues but they were fixed a long time ago ;-)

So please use the last beta version and please remember that BETA is BETA and there is always a possibility for some minor issues. It goes without saying that release versions of VBA32 which are recommended to use are stable and well tested. If you need a valid key to test the abilities of the VBA32 just send a request to support@vba32.de.

The current stable version 3.10.5 has the followings features comparing to 3.10.4 (brief):

1. File Quarantine
    2. Anti-Dialer

The latest beta has additionaly Mail Quarantine.

All the VBA32 installation packages you can freely download from here:

ftp://vba32.de/pub/

Regards,
    Andrey Ovchynnikov
    VBA32 Team Germany

5. n8chavez

I understand that. I just mentioned here, and to VBA32 support, in the interest of making this product better.

6. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I emailed Dmitry about a month ago about the heavy memory usage in 3.11, I have not heard a reply but I have sadly uninstalled VBA32 as of late. I do tend to switch often though.

@Andrey: As you said there have been improvments in memory mangement with the latest version of the beta I may give it another go around. what I would really love is a translated install_Tuner though, as I am installing and uninstalling it would make life so much simpler, but I just noticed you all have new release maybe this one will be available in english sometime soon?

Thanks for the support though.

7. n8chavez

I received a reply from Dimitry within a few days of my email about the memory usage. He said that there were some things that were new in the code and that it was not optimized yet. Basically, as was said before, beta is beta. I have noticed thought that when using version 3.11 beta that the memory requirement has gone down and is near or at normal requirements; 26,000k.

But in the new version the number of defintions goes down from 152,000+ to 133,000+ Why is that?

8. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

The 3.11 beta version of vba32 for Windows XP for me hangs around 30.6K instead of 26k?? Is that normal?

Edit: It seems to be going up as I keep my computer on longer..Hope they fix this soon :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  9. n8chavez

This has been mentioned.

10. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Silly question.. VBA is from Germany?

11. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Belarus to be exact, "old" Soviet Union. :)

VBA has a office in Germany, Russia, and the Central office in Belarus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.