What's up with NOD's servers?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JimmyD, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Since approximately Sept 8, '04, I've been getting alot of "error connecting to server" whenever NOD32 tries to do it's auto update. I recently updated to version 2.12 and it hasn't gotten any better. Most of the time it's server u2a.eset.com that fails to connect although sometimes some of the others fail. I'm running WIN XP, have NOT downloaded SP2 yet. Any idea what the problem with NOD's servers are?

Thanks,

JD

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

That's the USA server. I have 19 connection errors for that server since the last update on Sept 10. I can ping that server just fine so I think it just means no update available. I just changed the choice of servers from automatic to U2a and then tried to manually update. I got an instant response that I have the latest update. So, I don't think those errors mean much.

3. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

I *think* what you're seeing is that u2a is the first derver to get the request. On my system, ~50% of the time the connection fails and bounces over to the next in line. That likely means everyone/anyone updating will all converge on the same server and, depending on traffic, the probability is some percentage will see these errors. The good news is , this problem which was affecting all servers last week, seems to have gotten much better.

4. azumi21

azumi21 Registered Member

5. MNKid

MNKid Guest

Well, I hope that http://www.eset.sk/ is working for you guys, because it is not working here in my part of the US. The other 2 servers do not respond either.

To me, this is a totally unacceptable situation. I guess it's one of those things you never think about much until a problem arises. For antivirus programs especially, though, this should NEVER happen.

I am a satified customer overall, despite the problems some have encountered with the new version, but this is just one of those things that really bugs me.

MNKid

6. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

There definitely has to be some type of problem. I've gotten sporadic connection errors before but not nearly the rate I'm getting them now. If there are no new updates when it checks, it should not display a connection error message. If you can ping the server ok, it's probably working at the time you are pinging it.

7. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

if u need to update[currenet 1.869] click on update setup choose the eset.sk.com server. it seemed to work for me.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  8. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

I eventually can get the latest update, it's the constant "error connecting to server" that bothers me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.