What's the lighest Firewall for Vista?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tonyseeking, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

Man, I might just take a short cut and just install Ubuntu Linux instead... Does same thing lol

2. tonyseeking

Actually, I am leaning towards COMODO :)

3. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Now you are yes, enjoy but dont believe everythingh you hear - as said before cis is nice but it certainly doesnt copy oa wich is a unique app by itself

4. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

If you want the type of online banking protection that OA provides, you will not get that with Comodo.

The lightest firewall is definitely Vista. Why not learn to configure its outbound capabilities and you will be fine.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, Ubuntu eliminates the need for all that stuff.... ;)

6. tonyseeking

Yeah but the free version of OA is so limited and cut down, making it almost useless. Otherwise I would be using OA.

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

That actually sounds like a statement from someone who as either not fully looked at the free version of OA, or have some personal gripe with OA. I know many who use OA free (quite a few updated to the paid version to support the product) and I have seen no security issues.

Keep to topic

- Stem

8. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Couldn't agree more Siberian - if someone chooses OA that's their choice, if someone chooses Comodo or any other solution it's their choice.

As Stem says, try running/looking at it. I ran Comodo for 8 months before switching to OA Free, within a few days I liked OA Free so much I was only too willing to go for the PAID version.
    I'm certainly not posting on here as a fanboy unlike many others I can see... if I decide to switch back to Comodo at some point it will be MY choice and I will make the decision based on trying the product for a period of time.

Also, maybe some companies can do it, but if TallEmu just gave you ALL those nice PAID features for free then they may not be around for very long - mouths to feedo_O

All I'm saying is, ignore the fanboy postings and TRY each product for a reasonable amount of time and make your own decision :)

9. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Off topic post removed.

- Stem

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Tonyseeking, you are going down the same road you did with Sandboxie. Asking a question, and then arguing with the people who answer. Either this ceases or the thread will be closed.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.