What's the difference between Bitdefender Free and Bitdefender AV Plus?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mortal Raptor, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

2. fax

fax Registered Member

3. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

So it is cloud based only and has no option to set exclusions and auto delets files. perfeect for installing on clients' computers

does it being cloud based mean that it is any less in protection than the actual Bitdefenender AV?

4. loungehake

loungehake Registered Member

I found that BitDefender Free would not become active if the Control Panel Internet Explorer security settings for the Internet Zone were set to HIGH. I run Windows XP and this is one of my ploys to toughen XP against exploits. I guess that BitDefender Free uses the Internet Explorer API, otherwise why would setting Internet Explorer security to HIGH cause a problem for BitDefender. That begs the question, why does a supposedly reputable antimalware firm do this? The other question is do the paid-for BitDefender AV products also do this. Agnitum, AVG and Avast, for example, behave properly when Internet Explorer security is HIGH so they obviously author their own code, presumably to ensure quality and security to prevent malware from disabling it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.