What’s the best work flow for me?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by garypo, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garypo

garypo Registered Member

I’m using True Image 8 and have replaced an 80gig hard drive with a 200 and also using a backup 200gig externally. I cloned the 80gig on to the first 200 and than cloned the 200 (after installing) to the external 200gig. I shoot weddings… and at times required the downloading of 10gig of raw files that I convert into tiff/jpeg images. Form these images will send prints to lab, build albums and DVD slide shows. So there’s lots of work that needs backing up. Cloning the entire disc took 4 hours so this will be too time consuming. Taking a disc image by creating an incremental image I’m not sure if this will allow me to recover a previous days work say if unhappy with work on an album that I didn’t save as a copy……? Or will incremental image work with the high turnover of data. Would prefer the ability to go to the external hard drive load the data and start again, nice and quick, and easy.

Now for my question, what is the best workflow in my case using true image as backup resource? Would I be better to add Disc Director Suite and partition the 200gig hard drives that way allowing the backup of the individual partitions as required and having the choice of sizing these partitions as workflow changes?

Best Regards and all the best for the New Year
    Gary
    o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.