What's d alternative to Firefox scrapbook addons?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Just wondering if you know for something, what possible alternatives to the Firefox addons ScrapBook plus. :rolleyes:

As you know, as of now I'm using Firefox 7.0a1 (Nightly) and ScrapBook Plus is incompatible with it. o_O

Still, I am thankful that some of my "favorites" addons works flawlessly with no problems. Only scrapbook plus was non-installable.

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I don't know of any alternatives. Scrapbook is pretty darn nice. You might be able to change the max version number and get it to install, but that's no guarantee that everything will work right. But you could try it and see at least. Find the Scrapbook folder in Profile/extensions. Open the install.rdf file with Notepad. Find the entry "<em:maxVersion>??</em:maxVersion>" Where I've put question marks there will be the current max version. Just change it to 99 or something.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Forgot to mention, the previous method assumes you have an earlier version of FF with Scrapbook already installed that you can copy from.

There's another way you can do it if all you have is the .xpi, but every time I've tried it I get an error message when I try to install. Here's how it's done. You might have better luck.

1. Rename the ****.xpi to ****.zip.
    2. Extract the contents of the .zip file.
    3. You'll have a folder named ****.
    4. In that folder find the install.rdf file and modify as before. Save.
    5. Right click the **** folder>Send To>Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    6. You'll then have ****.zip again.
    7. Rename ****.xpi and theoretically you should be good to go. But it's never worked for me even though I follow the instructions to the letter. You may be able to figure it out. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.