What's All the Fuss About?????

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by worldcitizen, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

First - A BIG THANKS JAN for getting the exclusions working again. (your 'couple of days' was a classic statement worthy of the Guiness Book of Records!!)

Next - What's all this fuss about SoBig Wormo_O?

Radio, TV - all over the place!!!

I got it about 10 times in my email but so what when you have a beauty like NOD32!! With NOD32 the SoBig Worm is really NOT SO BIG and threatening at all and I deliberately allow it to download KNOWING that NOD32 will KILL IT.

The ITW scanner of NOD32 is top class and I can't commend it enough.

Best to all.

Dave

2. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi,

I think because it is a "hype".

We are well protected, i even invited one in, just to see how Nod detects it and kills it.

I love this beauty ;)

rgds,
    Martin

3. sig

sig Registered Member

Well it's not hype if you find you have over a couple thousand infected emails downloading to your email client, as some people I know have reported.

I haven't seen one yet (the ISP account through which I get the majority of my emails has AV scanning before they reach my inbox on the server so that may be why) but others have reported receiving literally thousands of emails daily for days at its height. So for those people, even if they are safe from infection since their AV gets them, it does pose a problem.

Edit: just saw that one fellow on another board reported receiving 10,000 sobigF related emails in one day...that includes bounced messages from ISP's. (I have seen a few of those bound emails myself but nothing like the volume---so far at least---that some people are reporting.)

Anyway, even if one isn't infected, there still is a considerable impact from this worm for ISP's and those who are being literally mailbombed with this thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.