WhatInStartup 1.00 (NirSoft)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ruinebabine, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

WhatInStartup 1.00 from NirSoft.

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thanks for the notice! Another welcome program from NirSoft! Some interesting features...

3. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Thank you for this

4. ruinebabine

You are both very welcome. This developer is really gifted to build all those little free portable gems, and this new tool will surely be helpful and very convenient to carry around at times.

5. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Nir Sofer has a similar app. yet. I don't see new features with WhatInStartup.

6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Same developer for both. They have some similarities but the new one offers 2 key differences.

First, WhatInStartup allows you to permanently prevent something from adding itself to the start up sections.

Second, WhatInStartup also allows you to modify the start up sections from external instance of Windows. Something that could prove useful if you have something that is preventing Windows from booting (even in Safe Mode.)

7. ruinebabine

Yes majoMo, that's true and I wondered the same when I first read about WhatInStartup.

To add on what HAN is rightly saying in his reply, StartupRun is quite old, last updated 2004, so I thought that he could want to revamp this kinda tool by rebuilding it on some new legs. He uses to keep updating on a pretty busy schedule when he seems to feel for it, so we might be seeing what he has in his bag in times to come.

8. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

You are right. Thanks for the clarification.

For now I'll use StartupRun (like I do ever). It shows BHO that WhatInStartup doesn't. With the first I can add new items easily also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.