What would you suggest

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AnthonyG, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fk8432

fk8432 Guest

Just go with Panda Titanium 2005

If Panda found infections after McAfee than how can you trust more McAfee than Panda? eheheh

Panda adding spywares and they find more than McAfee because McAfee added just 400 most dangerous spywares into their AntiVIrus solution while others are included in their AntiSpywares software...

Panda in combination with BitDefender FREE as backup scanned will beat all others...

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The first link provides advice on what a some of us are using in a “Layered Defence”, the 2nd and 3rd links are to long discussions on what people use and why, again using layered defences. Also in the first link is Process Guard which stops Trojans, period ;) :D

I would have to disagree with you here, it is rather impressive.

Zip files are harmless until unzipped.

There is a new version coming sometime this year…

I would suggest taking a look at Process Guard 3 in the DCS forum right here at Wilders…

Cheers :D

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Thank you very much for that suggestion, but can i ask as i am not entirely sure from reading the diamond web site and some posts here does process guard actually have an active scan which prevents trojans entering your computer or does it allow them on but doesnt let them execute once there on.

Also how is it at stopping exploit byte verify. Does it stop this too or is it just trojans.

But thanks for everybodys helpful advice on this.
    Anthony

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I really like McAfee but don't underestimate Panda. I have had it remove malware that mcafee didn't even detect on several ocassions.

bigc

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure.

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=introduction

I would repost these questions in the Process Guard forum where you should get a better response.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.