What would you guys recommend, Kaspersky or NOD32?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sunnysdsr, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

As has already been said, figure out which works best for you then get it. Both have some of the best detection rates. I have licenses for both, currently running NOD32.

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I have licenses for both, currently running NOD3 on my main machine and KAV on my Media server.

Resource wise I prefer NOD - Interface wise I prefer KAV.

I think KAV probably has better Trojan performance than NOD .

But both very good

3. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

If you can try both, do it.
    Install NOD32 for 1 or 2 weeks...
    Uninstall...
    Install kaspersky for 1 or 2 weeks...

Compare results...

I'm seriously in doubt...

Brazil users receibe many trojan downloaders and trojan bankers and Kaspersky detects the files more than NOD32.
    Despite it, I send samples of the viruses that I receive to ESET and they don't update the database.
    For brazilian people it's very dangerous...
    Kaspersky add very soon...
    Otherwise, Kaspersky turn down my system speed... It's not good...
    Maybe you need to try an antivirus with Kaspersky database but light to system resources as eScan for example.
    I know that people here don't like Kaspersky "clones", but I like and recommend...

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

You can go on forever finding new undetected trojans and the like, one needs only one undetected bugger by either NOD or KAV, to mess up your computer.

I use NOD and think KAV would be my second choice, but I also think AV's nowadays are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of new malware and something else is required simultaneously to make sure you come out unscathed from the so called zero day virus/trojan.

NOD or KAV + any of these (ShadowUser-DeepFreeze-First DefenseISR-DriveVaccine-CleanSlate) programs will probably give you, I dare say, 100% peace of mind. It mightn't be cheap at first, but then all you would have to pay for would be the yearly updates to NOD or KAV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.