What to set as scanning path?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by spy1, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

A friend of mine recently asked me what to use as the scanning path for ICQ to our AV (we both use NOD32 v.2) for having our files scanned when transmitted via ICQ.

I told him that the correct path was:

C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe (for a default installation).

Is that correct? I've never seen it since I don't trade files on ICQ. Pete

*Also, is there any way to make the window automatically close after the scan has been done? Instead of having to close it manually?

2. gunnarj

gunnarj Registered Member

Along these lines, what is the correct scanning path (for lack of a better term) for using in a downloading app in order to scan the file being downloaded? The app is Download Express.
    Thanks!

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Same path should work for DL, I think. Just verified that this was the right path for Trillian when I got a file from someone.

There's a problem there, somewhere, though - as soon as NOD gets done scanning the file, it trips my (free) Trillian off and I have to re-start it.

I don't know if this is a NOD32 effect of some sort or just another problem with the freeware version of Trillian (it has a couple of problems on this machine). Pete

4. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

hmm, no one answer...There is no need to configure instant messengers or download programs for antivirus checking with NOD, because AMON scans them automaticly in the background!
    AMON scans on create, execute and open (bye default).

greetz

iNsuRRecTiON

5. NewNOD

NewNOD Guest

You can set NOD32 via command line switches to do certain things that AMON can't. For example:

1. Scan using Advanced Heuristics - /AH
    2. Log to a special download LOG - eg - /log=nod32_dload.log
    3. Scan inside archives - /arch+ /pack+

So, there is value to scanning with the on-demand scanner.

See ya.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Insurrection is right, however, it's better to scan downloaded files with the on-demand scanner the way NewNOD suggested as AMON does not scan archives.

7. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

...and in the future Marcos? Will eset give AMON an option to scan archives?? maybe with archive size limit option?

thx

greetz

iNsuRRecTiON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.