What to hell

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Steel, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel

Steel Registered Member

What to hell is actually the matter with Grisoft? For months only promise, it would give a new Antispyware version. If one inquires, one tests. If one inquires weeks later, still one tests. That believes nevertheless nobody. Before I buy now another product, again, for the last time the question, when finally new release comes?

Every time the same answer, we're testing.

All the other Companies we're testing too. But with the difference, after that they're pushing out new Versions. But grisoft still testing. And when they're not dying, they're still testing next year.

2. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Thanks guys, for not answering. This is absolutely exactly the situation I'm talking about. Now in this case AVG AS was throwing away from my machine after many years of using. Thanks of your pretty good support to your german Users.

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

This might make you happy..........;) ............Personally i just think Grisoft couldn't care less about "ewido" as a product, i think they bought technology (& a healthy dose of signatures), but mostly i think they bought some talented young programmers to do other projects than "ewido" first & foremost.

For Grisoft as a company this makes sense, for existing ewido license holders who see no new version promissed since oct/nov last, no updates for days apparantly............................this does not make a lot sense of course.

The reason you see no responses to your post is probably: Users have given up complaining because nothing is answerred by those that have answers. :)

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

What has this to do with German?
    Today is public holiday in Germany and many other countries as well.
    But I agree with you there is something wrong with communication/support etc. ;)

Gerard

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

A new build, which could fix the update issue, was promised not so long ago.
    I think it's better to wait.

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I asked Grisoft about the new version and this time the reply came directly from Grisoft's mouth that their developers are still debugging the new version of AVG Anti-Spyware and that they cannot define a specific release date for the new version just yet.

7. railroader66

railroader66 Registered Member

ewido is now part of the Grisoft family.

What a joke :D

Since November I feel like we are send with a satelite around the moon.

8. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Bout time somebody followed the Dell lawsuit and sued their ass.

9. Firecat

Er...sorry for my ignorance, but what does Dell have to do with the current situation with Ewido?

10. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

Another manual download and update to my paid-for version of Ewido this morning. Yesterday's was automatic, but alas cannot be relied upon to happen regularly.

Perhaps this is DiamondCS all over again given the continuing silence from AVG and the non-appearance of promised updated software.

I am relieved not to have any other AVG products!

11. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: as a lifetime lic holder, I have since given up complaining anymore. The day they run out EXCUSES is THE day the final nail spikes on their coffin. Wish they have a second life. :D

12. Firecat

Believe me, the situation with other AVG products is much better than it is with AVG Anti-Spyware. They release program updates every month on average....

13. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

Another day of manual instead of automatic updates!

How much longer should we tolerate this treatment of paying customers?

Why doesn't Wilders pull the plug on them now as they did with DiamondCS?

14. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Well, that just highlight the fear some had when ewido was sold to Grisoft.................that it would be neglected and the staff used for other Grisoft programs instead of working on the anti-spyware, it would seem one year after to have come true, NOTHING has been fortcoming with regards to new improved versions, not even bugs have been fixed.
    Riiight....................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.