What this in task manager?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Tom772, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Hi all, recently i noticed a running process in the task manager that i have never seen before, which is the following:

ALCFDRTM.EXE, which seems to be located in the C:\WINDOWS directory

I would really like some ideas,

All the best Tom

2. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

I searched and i think it might, be real tek audio, but i havnt ever seen it before?

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

It should belong to real tek. You could check the properties of the file to verify this. Of course the main question is whether your audio is real tek or not...

If you are still suspicious, you could try an online scan of the file at jotti's or Kaspersky's.

HTH ;) ...

4. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Puff-m-d, thanx for a reply>i have a cretive audify zs sound card i use, but also have a Realtek AC97 audio installed, but i never use this? Do you think it is worth scanning for malware online?

Tom

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Tom,

I do not think if you are using a SB sound card that anything related to RT audio should be running. You could uninstall the RT audio drivers and this should stop that process from running.

As far as scanning online for malware, the links I gave you are for scanning single files so it is quick and simple. I do not think you have a malware problem, but whether you scan the file is up to you.

If I were you, I would check into why you have drivers for RT audio running when you are using a SB card.

Here is a bit more info on that file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.