What the Mullvad?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Taliscicero, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I have no idea whats up with Mullvad, but here is what happened to my account.

I had 20 days left, I woke up and it said 0 days for no reason. I contacted support and there has been no reply for 2 days. I purchased 365 days extra due to the fact that I thought it would fix my problem and I was planning to extend anyways. I checked my account and still 0 days left. I sent another email. I still have no reply, I was up today and check my account. 1000 days left that I did not pay for. What in the Mullvad is this whichcraft? :D

I would upload the image but have no time or clue how to do that with wilders, so here is a link, and if a MOD wishes they can add it to my thread for me.

http://i.imgur.com/ZEB1WKT.png

*Edit*

They have posted news.

Database problems
    2013-04-05

We are having database problems. All customers should be able to connect now but the account page may show strange information for a few days.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. firefox2008

firefox2008 Registered Member

Mine says 1341. I think I really have 341 left. weird.

3. tuprofe

tuprofe Registered Member

Since last night my connection is very flaky, dropping constantly, no DNS(site not found errors, very slow and volatile). Nothing changed over night despite the news update. We'll see how long until it's ironed out.

4. Taliscicero

Same, I believe someone may have tried to shut down their servers or whatever, I don't know what else would cause these issues. I also have the connection issues, especially with NL.

5. tuprofe

I am now able to connect to Swedish servers and use them normally, but their NL servers are still out of commission for me. Waiting to hear back from support.

6. Taliscicero

NL has always been dodgy, but now unusable. SE still fine though as you say.

7. tuprofe

And we're back. Last night all seemed to return to normal with NL servers. Still no response from support, though.

8. Taliscicero

Indeed, I'm gonna wait a week or so before setting up Mullvad again just to make sure. BolehVPN is great until then.

9. Taliscicero

Mullvad NL servers not working on TCP and failing on UDP again.

10. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

IMO... it's that they're taking on A LOT of new customer base lately, due to good publicity and "word on the street" (from places like this), and either aren't upgrading/expanding their servers space or are in the process of doing so.

If the latter is true, hopefully they can get it straightened out and then everyone can be happy. I too have noticed inconsistent service the past couple months now.

Their customer service got back to me within 72 hours the 2 times I ever had to contact them. I'd say that's another sign that they're recently getting swamped with customers... a good problem for them, but they have to expand to keep up, not pinch those pennies. Spend them to keep this new clientel happy, and get even more. Because IMHO they're the only VPN I know of that can honestly consider themselves truly anonymous, due to a certain payment option I see no others offering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.