What software do you run along side Prevx1?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

What software do any of you run along side prevx1 or prevx1 "R" without any problems or slowdown?

dja2k

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Bitdefender Pro (disabled yet, but no probs if active)
    ewido 4.0 plus
    Blue Frog
    SuperAntiSpyware
    XPL
    router/nat
    Nod32

Gerard

3. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

KAV 6
    Ewido 4 (on demand)
    BOClean
    Counterspy (on demand)

I don't see any slow downs at all with any program, not when I start the computer or shut it down either.

I read so much about Prevx slowing systems down that I stayed away from it but you wont know anything about the program until you actually try it.
    Right now I like it, no problems what so ever with Prevx and I will run the 60 day trial to make sure.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

ZA Free + KAV Trial + Prevx1 Trial + Ewido Trial + Ad-Aware Free + Spybot Free without Teatimer (it still has that annoying bug).
    No resource problems, no memory problems, no slow opening of any program, because of this : AMD Athlon 4400+ 64Bit X2 Dual-Core and 2048MB RAM.
    This CPU is designed for multi-tasking.

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I didn't know about Blue Frog, thanks Gerardwil :)

Between 5 different machines here, I do, or have, use(d) Prevx1 with NOD32, Look'n'Stop, KIS 5 & 6 (minus firewall and antispam), SocketShield, Ewido, BOClean, RegRun, SpySweeper, ShadowUser Pro, ShadowSurfer, Online Armor, and DefenseWall without any problems. Of course it is also made to work with the mainstream apps, and your experiences may differ.

Programs I have encountered to create conflicts, mainly because I believe they use the same kind of driver(s), are BufferZone, GeSWall, and.. now I can't remember the other.

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Blue Frog is a very cool antispam program. I like it cause it works with firefox as well using its own plug-in. The problem now is that some one is actually spamming back numerously at Blue Frog. They say its not working like normal. I have submitted over 500 emails of spam already to it. Very cool program indeed.

Cool replies, now we kinda know what not to run with prevx1.

dja2k

7. korb

korb Registered Member

hi,running prevx 1r along with nod32 (http enable),jetico,socketshield,appdefend,regrun 4.5,unhackme 3.1 and arovaxshield.

sorry,maybe off topic here.does the process start notification work like appdefend process monitor when you start a process,it will popup?if yes,i'm not getting any popup from prevx everytime i open a program.

8. Notok

Notok Registered Member

It does, but only if the program is unknown to the community database. If you don't run a lot of obscure apps, you probably won't see very many popups at all, our database has gotten quite large and increasing every day :) The benefit of this is that if you do see a popup, there's a greater chance that it's actually malware.

9. korb

korb Registered Member

thanks notok, now am i glad that so far it does not have any popup alert :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.