What should I purchase?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hslayer, Sep 4, 2014.

1. hslayer

hslayer Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I am currently using these programs:

MBAM (PAID)
    Avast Anti Virus (Free Version)
    Hitmanpro3 (Free Version On Demand Scan)
    SpywareBlaster (Free Version)

Now, I am interested in Appguard, Adguard and NVT.

Will any of these programs benefit my current setup? If yes, which one should I get next?

Thanks in advance!

2. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Appguard and NVT are both anti executable but work differently try both trials and see which you like best.
    Not familiar with adguard.

Appguard and NVT will add some extra passive protection to the active scanners.

3. guest

guest Guest

Yes and no. It depends on your possible threat-gates and risk profile, as well as your personal preferences.

It is up to you. We can't give you a definitive answer for that because we don't know your risk profile nor we know your personal preferences of the workings of security tools. Perhaps to give a broad hint:

- Adguard is an advertisement blocker and web filtering tool. Do you want to block ads and prevent access to certain domains? [Y/N]
    - AppGuard is a policy restriction HIPS. It cuts the intrusion chain in 4 methods. Do you want to apply restrictions to protected programs in order to cut intrusion chain that might happen? [Y/N]
    - EXE Radar is a whitelisting-based execution control. Do you want to monitor and control execution of programs in your system? [Y/N]

EDIT: Beware of all the marketing hypes out there. They are sometimes misleading and/or exaggerating.
    EDIT #2: Hello marketing! How are you today?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.