What security threats are you most concerned about (2010)?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Brian_12, Jan 30, 2010.

?

What security threats are you most concerned about?

1. Identity Theft/Fraud

30 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Data Loss/Leak/Breach

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Malicious Insiders

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Extortion

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Exploited Vulnerabilities

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. Social Media/Network Attacks

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  7. Organized Cyber Crime Groups

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  8. Malware

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  9. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brian_12

Brian_12 Guest

I'm most concerned about "organized cyber crime groups". I think this one of the biggest threats worldwide. And also, exploited vulnerabilities.

What security threats are you most concerned about (if any)?

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It's getting harder and harder for me to go without some sort of HIPS or BB, much to my worry. Malware is getting smarter and more aggressive. I run Sandboxie, Avast 5 AV and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware real-time, along with Firefox with NoScript, with everything up to date on patches (not counting problems not yet disclosed)...and I'm still not sure I'm all that safe. I've got a family that knows nothing about the kinds of pop-ups that anti-executable programs/HIPS brings (Hell, I barely do).

Unfortunately, it looks like no matter how uncomfortable I am with them or my dislike for them, my time of avoiding them is coming to an end.

3. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

For me, any malware that can steal my online banking information. I don't store sensitive personal information on my computer but I do online banking and some government websites so there is always the concern that something could get on my system and steal that information.

4. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Identity Theft / Fraud -- stealing of online banking information,etc

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Same here.

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Only worried about malware and data loss/leak.

Identity theft isn't an issue since we don't use PC for banking or any other sensitive things and i don't even have a bank account :D

7. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I'm not worried. :cool: :D If I had, I would say: complex rootkits.

8. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

my only fears are social networking cause you can find so much fake people who can take over your account or even your system and now a lot of new threats are created for smartphones that we know have almost zero protection against malicious software.

9. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

im scared of losing my usernames and passwords.

10. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

thats easy, just use an password manager who have good encryption system and change your passwords time to time to ensure you are secure.

11. guest

guest Guest

Identity Theft/Fraud: I don't make public enough personal details...
    Data Loss/Leak/Breach: Very hard to happen, I use strong encryption and backup strategies...
    Malicious Insiders: The system is always locked when I'm not here.
    Extortion: conservative approaches concerning everything related minimize the chance of this happening to me.
    Exploited Vulnerabilities: I maintain everything updated, patched and secured, but zero-day vulnerabilities are always dangerous. I voted for this one.
    Social Media/Network Attacks: they always pose a dangerous risk for me, an occasional user of these network sites/services. Voted for them as well.
    Organized Cyber Crime Groups: I don't visit suspicious sites, but I'm concerned about attacks to popular sites that I visit that could affect me. Voted for this too.
    Malware: Always dangerous, because the infection vectors are very diverse and malware today tend to be complex and difficult to detect/remove once they get into the system. Voted for this too.

12. icr

icr Registered Member

I am only concerned about cyber groups that infect you and you are not even aware of it

13. ameyap

ameyap Registered Member

voted for everything other than malicious insiders, social media attacks, extortion and others as they can affect me

14. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Identity Theft/Fraud

15. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Nothing, on my system at least.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.